Every plumbing repair method has its advantages and disadvantages. Hydro jetting is a relatively new drain cleaning process that utilizes pressurized water to unclog blocked drains and sewers. The traditional drain and sewer unclogging methods can be time-consuming and difficult to manage in a customer’s busy schedule. Hydro jetting is a quick fix for clogged drains and sewers. However, if hydro jetting is not performed with the required tools and proper precautions, it could damage the water lines beyond minor repair. This is why it is important to hire skilled professionals for any drainage and sewer repair service.
In today’s blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of hydro jetting.
- The process of hydro jetting is not restricted to only residential drainage systems. It can also be applied to rigidly blocked commercial sewer lines.
- Hydro jetting makes use of only pressurized water without any harmful chemicals; hence it is environmentally safe.
- The water pressure is so powerful that it ensures that the entire drain is unclogged, rather than just parts.
- The intense water pressure not only cleans the stubborn clog but can also cut through the thick debris and tree roots that may have infiltrated your sewerage system.
- Hydro jetting does not require any pre-digging of the site area before the process.
- Hydro jetting uses an extreme water force to clean and unclog drainage lines, which can be too much pressure for old and weak pipelines. They may sustain damage during the process.
- The water’s intense pressure may help clean and unclog the drain, but it can also crack or damage the pipelines, causing expensive repairs or replacements.
- While other options like chemical drain cleaners can be an easy DIY choice, hydro jetting requires safety procedures to be followed by experienced and skilled professionals. Attempting to clean your drainage system through hydro jetting on your own can be dangerous for you as well as for the pipelines.
- Although hydro jetting is an environmentally safe process as no chemicals are used, it uses massive amounts of water to apply the right kind of pressure, so it is not advisable for areas with a shortage of water.
Hydro jetting is a time and cost-efficient option for relatively quick sewer and drain cleaning. Hire professional plumbers from A Better Plumber and Sewer in Crystal Lake, IL, to inspect your site so that they can suggest the best possible solution to your plumbing problems. We are experts in hydro jet plumbing and have a team of skilled plumbers who can guide you towards the most suitable solution depending on the nature of the problem.
Request a free quote and discuss your issue in detail.